Tuesday, August 16, 2011

8/12 Great Traverse Bay to Frankfort

8/12 Great Traverse Bay to Frankfort
The wind was, of course, right against me. And the waves were big. No need to explain this again. I put into Leland as I needed fuel and some fresh food, but left quickly and continued though the Manitou passage south. Slow going again, with large steep waves and the wind right against me. I reached Frankfort fairly exhausted and had some quick dinner, but just before bedtime I got an email from Dean and Charlotte of Carrie Rose, telling me they were just 500 feet away from me in the harbor. So I rowed over and spend an hour in their beautiful tug. It's 32 feet - shorter than Caprice - and has about 5 times more space inside. Ahh, the tugging world. It also needs 5-10 times more fuel than Caprice, but it can work its way through waves much better.








No comments:

Post a Comment